Friday, January 18, 2008

Tavern At Phipps

My mom was in town briefly and I got to meet her for lunch which was nice because I don't get to see her much. She wanted to go out for a nice lunch, but isn't a really big fan of Chicken Wings. This posed a problem because for some reason, most of the nicer restaurants don't serve Chicken Wings... Those bastards.

I recommended that we go to The Tavern At Phipps which is located at Phipps Plaza Mall (for those of you with no common sense). I have eaten there several times and have always enjoyed my meals.

I ordered the Bangkok Wings which was their only flavor. To be honest, I wasn't expecting a whole lot out of them. I turned out to be wrong, because they were excellent. They served me 7 Wings which is by far the strangest number of Wings that I have ever been served at a restaurant. Another strange thing was that they were all Drums. This is the first time that I have been served all Drums when I didn't order them that way.

All of the Wings were big. I'm talking HUGE. They were also really tender, and the meat pretty much fell off the bone.

The Wings were cooked in a strange sauce which was very peanutty and kind of had a hint of a plum taste to them. They were really good.

My only complaint was that they were kind of burned, but it wasn't that big of a deal. They still tasted excellent. If you happen to find yourself at The Tavern At Phipps, check out their Wings. You won't be disappointed.

Thanks for lunch mom--- and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

WINGS EATEN SO FAR: 315

http://www.ChickenWings08.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best Chicken Wings in ATL...Fado Irish Pub. No lie. Should try there...

Anonymous said...

Genial brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.