Friday, January 4, 2008

King Of Wings

After appearing on Good Day Atlanta the other morning, I received an email from a woman named Mia who owns a Wing restaurant in Decatur (and two more in Arkansas). She told me that she saw me on the news and wanted me to try her Wings. Her restaurant is called "King Of Wings" and is located on 6067 Covington Highway in Decatur. She told me that she was sure that I would love them and offered me free Wings to come down and give them a try. In her email she said she was excited to have me come in because she knew that I would love them.

Those of you that know me know that I am not the kind of person who would let free Wings effect my rating of the restaurant. I decided that I would accept the Wings, but give an honest review. If the Wings were good then I would write that, and if the Wings weren't good, I would be honest with my criticism.

I drove out to Decatur (about 20 minutes from where I live) and was eager to try these Wings. She cooked me up 16 Wings: 4 Chili Hot, 4 Garlic Parmesan, 4 Garlic Hot, and 4 Jamaican Jerk. I only ate 12 because I filled up.

I have to say I really did like their Wings. The Chili Hot and Jamaican Jerk were my favorite. I'm not sure which of the two I liked better though, although the Jamaican Jerk was a unique flavor unlike other Jamaican Jerk Wings I have had in the past. They had a amount of nice spice to them and had a ton of flavor. The Chili Hot Wings were also spicy with a good flavor to them.

The Garlic Hot Wings were also not like typical garlic Wings that you see. They were cooked in a Buffalo style garlic sauce which is different from the typical garlic Wings you see which are usually served with no sauce.

The Garlic Parmesan Wings were not exactly my style. I wouldn't say they were bad by any means, it is just that I prefer Wings that are a good bit spicier. I was told that this is one of their biggest sellers, so if you like garlic parmesan flavor and are not a big spice fan you would probably like them.

I really do recommend their Wings. King of Wings is a bit far away for me to frequent, but I was told that they are looking for new locations, possibly in Alpharetta which would be much more convenient.

They have 31 different flavors of Wings ranging from the typical Wings that you would see at any Wing place to flavors like Apple Barbecue which I was told is really good.

If this place was closer to my house it would definitely be one of the Wing restaurants that I went to often. I can't wait for them to open more locations!

I feel bad because I wanted to take pictures of their Wings, but I could not find my camera. I took a few using my phone, but I have been unable to get them onto my computer. Plus, they aren't the best quality pictures. From the top down: Jamaican Jerk, Garlic Hot, Garlic Parmesan, Chili Hot.




WINGS EATEN SO FAR: 75

http://www.ChickenWings08.com

No comments: