Monday, January 14, 2008

J.R. Crickets

I received a ton of emails from people who read this blog telling me that I needed to try J.R. Crickets. I was told over and over that they have the best Wings in Atlanta. Naturally, I just had to try them.

I went to the J.R. Crickets on Spring Street, right across from The Varsity. I was told that they had small Wings, so instead of ordering 10, I went ahead and ordered 15. I was full after 11, but I kept eating anyways. After all, I am an American and that is what we do.

I ordered the T.M.I. sauce which is their hottest. I have been in a mood for really spicy Wings all week. Jason Riddle, my Wing Man, ordered the T.M.I. sauce also and described it as "quite possibly perfect." I wouldn't go that far, but they were damn good.

The Wings were all nicely cooked. Not too crispy, but not too soft at all. They were coated in a good bit of sauce and while they were on the small side, I wouldn't call them stragglers.

I really enjoyed my Wings. In my opinion, they aren't the best Wings in Atlanta, but they are on the top tier. I will definitely be back. If you haven't been yet, you should give them a try.

WINGS EATEN SO FAR: 248

http://www.ChickenWings08.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The blue cheese dressing at J. R. Crickets is the bomb!