Friday, January 4, 2008

Hottest Wing In the World!

As I said before, I wish I had remembered to bring my camera to King Of Wings in Decatur. A video of what I am about to write about would be just perfect for this site and for YouTube.

One of King Of Wings' 31 flavors is called Hell and I am not kidding when I saw that the name Hell is an understatement!

There is a large sign when you walk into King Of Wings announcing that anyone who can eat 12 Hell Wings is entitled to 12 free Wings of their choice. Oh, they also have a minimum age of 18 to even try the sauce (ID is required)! No one with high blood pressure or other serious problems is even allowed to try them! And of course they require you and a witness to sign a waiver:


After eating my Wings, I started asking about the Hell sauce. I wanted to try a little on a piece of celery just to see how hot it is. I was convinced to eat a Wing cooked in it. Of the 60 or so people who have tried the Hell sauce, only 3 have been able to eat a dozen Hell Wings. There were two regular customers in the restaurant, one of whom loved to watch people eat the sauce. He claimed they all had the exact same reaction: they all cried.

I wish I had been able to videotape myself eating the Wing.

I grabbed the drum and started eating it. It was ok at first, but I knew things would get worse. They almost always do. As I was finishing up the Wing, I said aloud: "Thats a hot Wing."

Then things got bad. Really bad. My mouth literally (ok, well not literally) caught on fire. My face started burning. And then, the tears came. And they didn't stop. It wasn't long before my nose was running and my hands went numb.

The other customers were lovin this.

It was so hot. I drank two bottles of water and a sprite. I tried eating celery with Ranch to cool my mouth down, but somehow even the Ranch made it hotter! It took probably 20 minutes for my mouth to calm down. I got some Wing sauce on my cheek and it was numb for about 45 minutes.

If you ever eat the Hell sauce (and I STRONGLY recommend that you DON'T), it is not just your mouth you have to worry about. The owner told me that a man ate the sauce and then didn't wash it off of his hands. When he went to the bathroom later, he burned himself in a very sensitive area. That may have been the most painful experience of all time!

There was no way that I could have eaten a dozen and I am pretty sure that you can't either. In fact, one of the employees told me that a regular customer makes $100 bets with people about whether or not they can finish a dozen. So far, no one has and the customer has made quite a few dollars.

If you think you can handle the hottest Wing in the world, head over to King Of Wings, but be prepared to cry.

WINGS EATEN SO FAR: 76


http://www.ChickenWings08.com

7 comments:

King of Wings said...

Fred we had 3 victims of Hell today. It was hilarious. One guy was a car salesman and he could not go back to work.

Anonymous said...

My spouse and I absolutely love your blog and find nearly all of your
post's to be exactly I'm looking for. Do you offer guest writers to write
content for you personally? I wouldn't mind publishing a post or elaborating on many of the subjects you write concerning here. Again, awesome web site!

my blog Additional Resources

Anonymous said...

I usually do not drop a great deal of remarks, but i did a few searching and wound up here "Hottest Wing In the World!".
And I do have 2 questions for you if you tend not
to mind. Is it only me or does it look as if like some of these responses appear
like left by brain dead people? :-P And, if you are posting on other sites, I'd like to keep up with anything new you have to post. Would you list of the complete urls of all your shared sites like your Facebook page, twitter feed, or linkedin profile?

Also visit my website - Buy Real Youtube Views

Anonymous said...

I like reading through a post that can make people think.

Also, many thanks for allowing me to comment!

Here is my blog post; read more

Anonymous said...

I don't comment, however after reading a great deal of responses on "Hottest Wing In the World!". I actually do have some questions for you if it's allright.
Could it be just me or do a few of the comments appear like they are
coming from brain dead visitors? :-P And, if you are writing
at additional places, I would like to follow anything new you have to post.
Would you post a list of the complete urls of all your social sites like your twitter feed, Facebook page or linkedin profile?


Here is my weblog - pure garcinia cambogia extract

Anonymous said...

Ridiculous quest there. What occurred after?
Take care!

Also visit my blog post: for more info

Anonymous said...

http://hapna.com/pre/buypropeciaonline/#12974 propecia side effects 1mg - buy propecia walgreens