Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Hate Mail

I have been getting a lot of fan mail this month, which has been a little bit strange for me. I do appreciate it though and I try to answer every email. As strange as getting fan mail for eating Chicken Wings is, getting hate mail for eating Wings seems absolutely absurd.

I received this comment on my post entitled Smith's Olde Bar:

"Wings don't cost $10.95 anywhere worth eating in Buffalo. Hell i won't pay more then $.30 a wing at most places. Good luck but if you want it to count for anything real stop eating "honey mustard Buffalo wings" and travel to Buffalo where we call the just plain "wings" the have "franks red hot" sauce and if they come with ranch it's pretty much open game on kicking the waitress' ASS.... Have fun with your applebees wing dings..."


Let me break this message down.

"Wings don't cost $10.95 anywhere worth eating in Buffalo. Hell i won't pay more then $.30 a wing at most places."
--
My point was that for $10.95 for a dozen Wings, I would need to be in a place where Wings (and everything else) are expensive, like New York. I meant New York City, not Buffalo. This is why I said New York and not Buffalo. Also, much like Buffalo, Wings don't cost $10.95 at anywhere worth eating in Atlanta.

"Good luck but if you want it to count for anything real stop eating "honey mustard Buffalo wings" and travel to Buffalo where we call the just plain "wings" the have "franks red hot" sauce"
--
Yeh dude because I have eaten "honey mustard Buffalo Wings" so much this month. No, wait--I have only had Hot Honey Mustard Wings once in my life. The vast majority of the Wings I have eaten this month have been Extra Hot. Plus, maybe I should take his advice and travel to Buffalo just to freeze my ass off and eat Wings that taste the exact same as any Wings that I can find at just about any sports bar in the country.

"if they come with ranch it's pretty much open game on kicking the waitress' ASS"
--
I bet this happens a lot

"Have fun with your applebees wing dings"
--
I've never had Wings at Applebees, fignuts.


Heres what Sharon wrote on my Facebook about Wings in Buffalo: "wings in buffalo, very tasty...but not as good as the GOLD RUSH ones at Wild wings!"


I appreciate your hate mail, but in the words of Lil Wayne: "If you don't like my shit, then fuck you and your shit."

Now I'm off to Applebees for some Hot Honey Mustard Wings.

1 comment:

Richie (UK) said...

Amen! Testify Brother!!