Friday, January 5, 2007

Wings With B-Love

I was going to cook Wings today. I really was. I was planning on going to the store and buying all kinds of ingredients and a large large satchel of Wings to cook for the next few weeks after breakfast (still uncomfortable using that term) this morning. But when I opened up my computer to type this morning's blogs, I saw a message from Brittany Lovell telling me that she would be in Atlanta and wanting to know if I could eat Wings with her in the early afternoon.

Well, I decided to put off the homemade Wings for another day. I will do them this weekend. I met Brittany at Rock Bottom Brewery on Peachtree and Piedmont in Buckhead slightly after 3pm. For me, this should be considered breakfast as I had been awaken at 130pm by a female who wanted to know my address so that she could mail me a large check (seriously).

Rock Bottom's Wings were good, but not great. They were very, very crispy, almost too crispy. Also the overcrispiness of the Wings caused them to be a little dry. I also had a few Wings that B.A. would probably describe as stragglers. I suspect that the Wings would have been better had I gone in to eat them at a "normal" meal time. They weren't bad at all, they just were by no means excellent.

Funny thing though. We had a really good waiter who did a great job. I mentioned to him at least a few times that I loved Wings and wasn't even considering eating anything else. When he suggested eating the Wings with some jalapenos on them, I was intrigued, but could not try this, because jalapenos are neither carrots or celery. After I ate 6 of the Wings and we were done, he came by to ask about deserts. I told him that I don't like deserts, as I only eat Chicken Wings. He thought I was kidding so he responded by asking me in a joking manner if I was on some kind of strict Chicken Wing diet!!!

I laughed and replied: "You have no idea man."

He really didn't.


WINGS EATEN SO FAR: 64.5


http://www.ChickenWings08.com


Phred Barnet

2 comments:

Ben said...

famous!

i'm going places.

Sabina said...

Fred, you should try these jap wings. Who cares if they aren't celery or carrots? They act as a flavor enhancer to your wing. I've read all the different sauces/spices you've tried on your wings, but you never limited yourself there...why stop at the japs? quit being so racist against the japs.