Monday, January 8, 2007

Wings With The Artman

Arthur Noll is hilarious. I like hanging out with him. So when I heard that he wanted nothing more than to have Wings with me, I jumped at the opportunity. I decided to let Art pick the place and he picked and establishment called Dugan's on Ponce in Atlanta. He said that the Wings at Dugan's were quite possibly his favorite Wings that he has ever tried. Well, with this kind of a recommendation I was ready to Wing it with Art. I met up with Jason Riddle who has recently become my "wing man," after eating Wings with me 4 of the 7 days in 2007 (including Sunday at Dugan's) and we picked Art up at his house and drove to the restaurant.

We seated ourselves in front of the tv so that we could watch football while winging it. Our waitress Kamisha brought us our menus, but we all knew exactly what we wanted. One nice little extra that I noticed on the menu was that customers have the option (for a small fee) to make their entire Wings order either only the "Wing" or the "Drum." I found this to be nice feature. I will make a nice post sometime this week about my preference in the Wing/Drum debate, but for now, let's focus on Dugan's. We ordered 30 Hot Wings with blue cheese (ranch was not an option). The first thing I noticed was the size of the Wings. Every single Wing had a nice size to it. There was not one "straggler." I really liked the flavor of these Wings. They had a flavor similar to the typical Buffalo-style Wing that we are all used to, however, they were much better than the average Buffalo Wing. The only thing that I did not like about the flavor of the Wings was that there was a little to much vinegear used in the sauce which definitely altered the taste.

I wanted to take pictures of the experience, but it was raining and I did not want to bring the camera out of the car. I do plan on going back to Dugan's sometime to have more of their Wings, as they were definitely delicious.

WINGS EATEN SO FAR: 90.5


http://www.ChickenWings08.com


Phred Barnet

No comments: