Thursday, January 11, 2007

Texas Pete

I didn't eat very many Wings the last few days and I went to bed as soon as I got home this morning, so I was very hungry when I woke up. To top it off, I spent an hour on the phone trying to sort out all of the details of our road trip for tomorrow. Needless to say, I was very hungry.

I put the paranoia behind me and decided to fry up some delicious Wings using my top secret recipe (see last post). I picked 5 huge Wings from the dwindling bag of Wingettes and fried them up using the last of my vegetable oil. When I was ABSOLUTELY sure that they were nice and done, I pulled them off and added the next sauce to the batch. Ben Allen told me that he had heard that cooking Wings in Texas Pete made them delicious. As I am always open to any Wing suggestion, I bought a bottle of Texas Pete Wing sauce this week. I was assuming that the Wings would tast very very similar to the Budweiser Wings and the Ken's Steakhouse Wings... boy was I wrong.

I love the regular Texas Pete sauce. I put it on a lot of different things, and I think it even goes better on Taco Bell than Fire Sauce (oh man how I miss Tabo Bell with Fire Sauce), so I was eager to see what it did to my favorite food. Texas Pete gave the Wings a nice little kick. Nothing overpowering to where you can't taste the Wings and your mouth catches on fire (like Blind Pig Ninja Wings), but a good flavorful kick. And while the sauce obviously had a familiar Buffalo Wing sauce base to it, it went above and beyond that. I really really liked the Texas Pete sauce and would recommend it to an ture Wing fan.


WINGS EATEN SO FAR: 127


http://www.ChickenWings08.com


Phred Barnet

No comments: