Tuesday, January 2, 2007

The Project Begins!

Happy New Year everyone! I hope everyone had a safe and happy New Year. 2007 started the same way that 2006 did for me... with Chicken Wings and binge drinking. Friends of mine will recall that at the start of last year Tyler LaFleur and I both ate nothing but Chicken Wings for the first 4 days of the year!

For the New Year, I went to a party at Drew's place. Before the party I went to Publix and grabbed 2 LBS of Buffalo Style Hot Wings and 1 LB of Sweet and Sour Wings. Shortly after midnight I ate my first Chicken Wing of the year, and like most Wings, it was delicious. The next morning, I woke up, helped clean up, and went with a buddy to meet up with several more friends. On the way there we stopped at Kroger and I bought some Hot Wings and some Honey BBQ Wings (and some Bud Light). These Wings were also pretty good. I ate a few of them, finding the Honey BBQ ones to be a little better than the Hot Wings, but wishing that they had a little more spice to them.

A few hours later it was decided that we would fry some more Wings in the deep fryer outside. Loyal readers will recall that I have had homemade Wings at their house before and they were very good then. Well, this time they were AWESOME. They made a batch of Buffalo Hot Wings and they were really really good. They had a nice kick to them and they were really meaty and tender. After that, we had a batch of Wings prepared by Ben. I'm not exactly sure what kind they were, but I think I heard something about them being dipped in ranch, covered in Buffalo sauce, then fried, but I may be wrong. These Wings were super-awesome and I would definitely like to try them again. I'll post more on how they were done after I find out the details from Ben.




WINGS EATEN SO FAR: 15


http://www.ChickenWings08.com


Phred Barnet

No comments: